Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Welcome to the New Blog -- and Web Series!

Welcome to the first post on the first weekend of the new blog, named after my brand new Web video series. It draws inspiration from my early life, and career roots at the legendary Crawdaddy (during nearly all of the 1970s). The just-released trailer for the series, "An Incompleat History of Rock 'n Roll," features everyone from Roy Orbison and John Lennon to Springsteen, Dylan, Talking Heads, Neil Young and...Jeff Goldblum?. David Wild, the longtime writer and contributing editor at Rolling Stone, calls it "the most promising upcoming Web music series." I've posted about it at Huff Post, where it received star billing. Will Bunch of the Philly Daily News tips his hat here.

This blog will feature the videos but also some of my writings, past and present, on this subject, including excerpts from my forthcoming memoir, a kind of companion volume to the series (first one just below on this page). The trailer for the series, shot and edited by my son Andy Mitchell (of "MacAwesome" fame) follows, and then the excerpt:

No comments:

Post a Comment